Chattogram: A 20-year-old youth, who was injured in a fire from octane in Satkania upazila of Chatto-gram, died on Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Gias Uddin, son of Shah Alam of Paschim Dolu Ghona Para of ward-7 of Amilaish union of the upazila.
He died undergoing treatment at Chattogram Medical College Hospital (CMCH) on Tuesday afternoon.
According to locals, when the fuel in the motorcycle of UP member Mamun was ran out at around 7 pm on Saturday (January 6), he bought octane from the shop by tying it with a rope beside another motor-cycle in a plastic bottle. Later, Gias Uddin was inadvertently burnt while trying to open the plastic bottle with a matchstick.