Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) has taken all out security measures at all the churches in the capital for the smooth and peaceful celebrations of the Christmas Day today.
The DMP has appreciated by all section of people due to its security measures to maintain law and order in the last Christmas festival, according to a release issued yesterday.
In continuation of the security issues, a comprehensive security plan has been adopted for Happy Christmas. On the occasion of the event, the DMP will increase police patrolling, install checkpoints at important places in the city and strengthen intelligence activities.
If awareness is built at all the levels along with steps taken by the police, the joint initiative and partici-pation of police and the Christmas celebration committee will be able to further promote the message “Dharma Jar Jar, Utsav Sobar” announced by the Prime Minister, DMP Commissioner Habibur Rahman said adding that keeping in mind it, the celebration of Merry Christmas would be a festive and safe at-mosphere.
He requested all to comply with these for ensuring safety and security on the day.
The DMP instructions are as follows:
1. Installation of adequate CCTV cameras with night view video recording capacity in every church and provision of storage of video footage.
2. Engagement of volunteers for each church and ensure separate uniforms, visible identification cards and armed bands. Send volunteers name lists to local police station and brief volunteers in presence of concerned police officers.
3. Requesting the visitors not to enter into the churches with bags/potlas etc. Moreover, if any suspicious bag is seen or visible in the church premises, immediately inform law enforcement agencies.
4. Setting up of archways and ensure searching using metal detectors.
5. Installing fire extinguishers in every church and taking necessary precautions to avoid fire accidents.
6. Use of quality electrical wires for illumination.
7. Refrain from use of drugs, flying lanterns and fireworks during the festival.
8. Ensure adequate lighting and alternative lighting (generator) in every church and function areas.
9. Arrange for preparation and maintenance of inspection register for each church.
10. Refrain from using rooftops in residential areas, DJ parties in restaurants and hotels and loud sound systems.
11. To maintain religious harmony, be conscious not causing any inconvenience to neighbours in cele-brating the festival on a personal level.
12. Forming a peace and order committee consisting of local councilors, dignitaries and police officers and arrange for displaying of banners with their names and mobile numbers at visible places.
13. In case of danger of any accident or crime, report to the police very quickly and in case of emergen-cy, the church committee should call the focal point of the concerned police station or 999 service or SMS the emergency number 01320-202020 and 01320-101010 to Message to Commissioner (M2C).