Feni: A person, who suffered burn injuries in a fire from gas cylinder leakage at a building on Sha-hidullah Kaiser Road in Feni town, died at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) Sunday noon.
The deceased was identified as Ashish Chandra Sarker, 40, a resident of Dhobaura upazila of My-mensingh. He worked as an accountant for a private company in Feni.
The victim’s brother Paritosh Chandra Sarker said Ashish succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment at the burn unit of DMCH this noon.
Ashish’s wife Tumpa Rani Sarker, 30, and their son Rick Sarker ,9, are undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery, he said.
He said Ashish’s body will be cremated tonight.
Around 9:30pm on Tuesday, three members of the family including Ashish Chandra Sarker suffered burns after a fire broke out following leakage in a gas cylinder pipe in the kitchen.
Ashish suffered 82 per cent burn injuries, while Tumpa suffered 50 per cent and Hrik 40 per cent.