Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

AROUND THE WORLD

Three dead in latest US strike on alleged drug boat

WASHINGTON, United States, Feb 21, 2026 (Net) – US forces on Friday launched a strike against al-leged drug traffickers in the Eastern Pacific, killing three people, the military said.
“Joint Task Force Southern Spear conducted a lethal kinetic strike on a vessel operated by Designated Terrorist Organizations” along an apparent narco-trafficking route, the US Southern Command posted on X, adding that “three male narco-terrorists were killed during this action.”
The post included black and white video of the strike that showed an aerial view of a boat before it is bombed and engulfed in flames.
The United States began targeting alleged smuggling boats in early September, killing nearly 150 people in total and destroying dozens of vessels since then.
Under President Donald Trump, the United States has routinely conducted these strikes without offering definitive evidence of illegal activity, leading legal experts to raise concerns that the deaths could be considered extra-judicial killings.
The strikes are part of a campaign that Trump’s administration has insisted is needed to combat drug traf-ficking.
It has also stationed naval forces off the coast of South America, seized oil tankers and carried out a stunning raid that captured Venezuela’s leftist leader Nicolas Maduro.
Maduro is incarcerated in the US awaiting trial for drug and weapons charges, to which he has pleaded not guilty.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

You May Also Like

FRONTPAGE

Staff Reporter: Prime Minister Tarique Rahman will pay tribute to the language movement martyrs at the Central Shaheed Minar at the first hour of...

EDITORIAL

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un vowed to lift living standards as he opened a landmark congress, state media said Friday, offering a glimpse...

BACK PAGE

A Correspondent: Patuakhali: A minority family in Patuakhali has alleged assault, intimidation and attempts to grab their land by local influential people in Marichbunia...

FRONTPAGE

Staff Reporter: People from all walks of life, including students, professionals, government and private officials, and members of social, cultural, and political organizations, paid...

Copyright © 2023 The Good Morning. All Rights Reserved.
Editor and Publisher: Enayet Hossain Khan
70, Pioneer Road, Kakrail, Dhaka- 1000, Bangladesh.
Phone: +88-01711424112, +88-01847255828
Email: dailygoodmorning@yahoo.com, thegoodmorningbd@gmail.com
Designed & Maintained By TECHIENET SOFTWARE ltd.