Chandpur: Two teenagers died from electrocution at West Ramdaswadi village of Bahariya Lakshmipur union in Chandpur’s Sadar upazila on Wednesday.
Shamim Miji, 13, son of Akbar Miji, and Minhaj Khan, 13, son of Jahangir Khan of Lalu’r Dokan area in the same village, got electrocuted while playing in a field after rains.
An elderly man named Hafez Khan, 75, was also injured in the incident.
A doctor of Chandpur Sadar Hospital declared both boys dead upon their arrival at the hospital.
Frustrated and angry at the death, aggrieved relatives attacked some hospital staff, resulting in a fight between the two parties.
The local police were quick to respond to the incident, and the situation was brought under control.
The bodies of the deceased are now in the custody of the Chandpur Sadar Model Police Station, said Abdur Rashid, the officer-in-charge (OC) of the police station.