Shariatpur: Two siblings were burnt to death and another was injured in sleep on Monday night as a fire broke out in their house at Shakhipur Union in Shariatpur.
The deceased were identified as Arafat, 8, and Samia, 13. The injured sibling, Mim, 12, is in critical condition.
Police quoting the family said the three siblings went to sleep after Tarawih prayers last night, and a fire broke into their room at around 10 pm.
Locals rescued and rushed them to Vedorganj Upazila health complex. They were later transferred to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn & Plastic Surgery.
Arafat and Mim died while undergoing treatment there.
GM Amir Hossain, in charge of Vedorganj fire service, said they are suspecting an electrical short circuit caused the fire.