Two children were electrocuted on Wednesday while playing in a mango garden at Dhaka’s Demra, po-lice and their father said.
The deceased were identified as Ariyan (7) and his brother Rayhan (2).
The tragic incident took place at Demra in Dhaka around 1:30pm on Wednesday.
Marfat Ali, father of the children, said the two brothers had gone to play in the mango garden of a neighbor– Dipu. The owner of the garden had put electric wires around the mango garden so that no one could go and take mangoes.
The two children were electrocuted when they went to play in the garden. Their legs were burnt, he said.
Later, they were taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where doctors declared them dead.
Their village is in the Dandamanikpur area of Biswanath in Sylhet. The mother of the children works in a factory, while the father is a driver.
Sub-Inspector Saidur Rahman of Demra police station said the bodies were sent to Dhaka Medical Col-lege Hospital (DMCH) for autopsy.