BEIJING, Oct. 14 (Net) -- Chinese health authority said Wednesday that it received reports of 20 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Tuesday, including six that were domestically transmitted and 14 imported.
All of the domestically-transmitted cases were from Shandong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.
No deaths related to the disease were reported Tuesday, the commission said.
Of the new imported cases, six were reported in Guangdong, five in Shanghai, and three in Shaanxi, according to the commission.
On Tuesday, seven COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland.
By the end of Tuesday, a total of 3,050 imported cases had been reported on the mainland. Of them, 2,821 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 229 remained hospitalized. No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.
As of Tuesday, the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases on the mainland had reached 85,611, including 241 patients still being treated, with four in severe condition.
Altogether 80,736 patients had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 had died of the disease on the mainland, the commission said.
There were five suspected COVID-19 cases on the mainland, while 8,912 close contacts were still under medical observation after 321 were discharged Tuesday, according to the commission.
Also on Tuesday, 18 new asymptomatic cases, all from outside the mainland, were reported, and seven asymptomatic cases were re-categorized as confirmed cases.
The commission said 381 asymptomatic cases, including 379 from outside the mainland, were still under medical observation.
By Tuesday, 5,201 confirmed cases, including 105 deaths, had been reported in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), with 46 cases reported in Macao SAR, and 530 cases, including seven deaths, in Taiwan.
A total of 4,931 COVID-19 patients in Hong Kong SAR, 46 in Macao SAR and 489 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospitals after recovery.
15 feared dead after 2 army copters collide in Afghanistan
KABUL, Oct. 14 (Net) -- At least 15 people were feared killed after two Afghan army helicopters collided in midair in Afghanistan's southern Helmand province Tuesday night, local Tolo News TV reported on Wednesday.
The accident occurred in Nawa-i-Barakzayi district, southwest of the provincial capital Lashkar Gah, at midnight Tuesday, the report said.
The province has been the scene of heavy clashes in recent days after hundreds of Taliban from two neighboring provinces joined local militants and tried to capture Lashkar Gah.
On Sept. 24, an Afghan Air Force attack helicopter crashed due to technical failure in northern Baghlan province, killing two pilots.